Amazon CloudWatch Events service should be used in order to enable you to react efficiently to system events that describe changes within your AWS resources. Specifically, with CloudWatch Events service you can create rules that match event patterns and take actions in response to those patterns. AWS CloudWatch Events make use of 3 main components: events, rules and targets. An event indicates a change in your AWS environment, a target processes events and a rule matches any incoming events and routes them to targets for processing.
1. Log in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to CloudWatch dashboard.
3. In the left navigation panel, under the Events section, click on Rules.
4. Click on Create rule button to start the process.
5. On Create rule page, perform the following actions:<ol style=list-style-type: lower-roman