EBS Volumes should not have Too many Snapshots in order to lower the cost of the monthly bill.The threshold for the retention period is 30 days, which means that all incremental snapshots older than 30 days should be deleted.
1. Login to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to EC2 dashboard.
3. In the navigation panel, underElastic Block Store, clickSnapshots.
4. Select the EBS volume snapshot that you need to remove.
5. ClickActionsdropdown button from the dashboard top menu and selectDelete:
6. In theDelete Snapshotdialog box, review the snapshot details (ID), then clickYes, Delete.