Ensure that your Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) are encrypted to fulfill compliance requirements for data-at-rest encryption.
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to EC2 dashboard at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
3. In the left navigation panel, under IMAGES section, choose AMIs.
4. Select the image that you want to encrypt.
5. Click the Actions dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Copy AMI.
6. Inside Copy AMI dialog box, perform the following actions:<ol style="list-style-type: lower-alpha