Ensure that all servers available in your AWS account are using the latest generation of EC2 instances to get the best performance with lower costs.
1. Login to the AWS Management Console.
2. Go to EC2 dashboard.
3. In the navigation panel, under Instances section, click Instances.
4. Select the EC2 instance that you need to upgrade.
5. Click Actions button from the dashboard top menu, select Instance State, then select Stop.
6. In the Stop Instances dialog box, review the action details and click Yes, Stop to stop the instance.
7. Click Actions button from the dashboard top menu, select Instance Settings, then select Change Instance Type (this action is disabled if the selected instance is not currently stopped).
8. In the Change Instance Type dialog box, perform the following: