Identify any Amazon EC2 instances that appear to be underutilized and downsize (resize) them to help lower the cost of your monthly AWS bill. An EC2 instance is considered underutilized” when both of the following criteria matches : The average CPU utilization has been less than 60% for the last 30 days.The average memory utilization has been less than 60% for the last 30 days.“
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to EC2 dashboard.
3. In the navigation panel, under INSTANCES section, choose Instances.
4. Select the underused EC2 instance that you want to resize (see Audit section part I to identify the right resource).
5. Click Actions button from the dashboard top menu, select Instance State, then select Stop.
6. Inside the Stop Instances dialog box, review the action details and click Yes, Stop to confirm the action.
7. Once the instance is stopped (i.e. Instance State set to stopped), go to the Actions button from the dashboard top menu, select Instance Settings, then select Change Instance Type.
8. In the Change Instance Type dialog box, perform the following:<ol style=list-style-type: lower-alpha