Ensure that detailed monitoring is enabled for your Amazon EC2 instances in order to have enough monitoring data to help you make better decisions on architecting and managing compute resources within your AWS account.With detailed monitoring, you can also get aggregated data across groups of similar EC2 instances.
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to EC2 dashboard.
3. In the navigation panel, under INSTANCES section, choose Instances.
4. Select the EC2 instance that you want monitor closely (see Audit section part I to identify the right resource).
5. Click Actions button from the dashboard top menu, select CloudWatch Monitoring, then click Enable Detailed Monitoring.
6. Inside Enable Detailed Monitoring dialog box, review the action details and click Yes, Enable to confirm the action.
7. Click Close to return to the EC2 dashboard.