Ensure that your RDS database instances have automated backups enabled for point-in-time recovery. To back up your database instances, AWS RDS take automatically a full daily snapshot of your data (with transactions logs) during the specified backup window and keeps the backups for a limited period of time (known as retention period) defined by the instance owner.
Perform the following in the AWS Management Console:
1. Login to the AWS Management Console and navigate to https://console.aws.amazon.com/rds/.
2. In the navigation panel, under RDS Dashboard, click Instances.
3. Select the RDS instance that you want to examine.
4. Click Instance Actions button from the dashboard top menu and select See Details.
5. Under Availability and Durability section, search for the Automated Backups status: If staus is Disable change to Enable.