All Redshift clusters provisioned within your AWS account should use the latest generation of instances in order to get higher performance with lower costs.
1. Login to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to Redshift dashboard.
3. In the left navigation panel, under Redshift Dashboard, click Clusters.
4. Select the Redshift cluster that you want to upgrade then click on its identifier link listed in the Cluster column.
5. Click the Backup dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Take Snapshot.
6. On the Create Snapshot dialog box, enter a unique name for your cluster snapshot in the Snapshot Identifier box then click Create to take the snapshot.
7. In the navigation panel, under Redshift Dashboard, click Snapshots.
8. Select the Amazon Redshift cluster snapshot created at step no. 6.
9. Click the Actions dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Restore From Snapshot.
10. In the Restore From Snapshot dialog box, perform the following actions: