Identify any Amazon Redshift clusters that appear to be idle and delete them to help lower the cost of your monthly AWS bill. By default, a Redshift cluster is considered ‘idle’ when meets both of the following criteria:
1. Login to the AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to Redshift.
3. In the left navigation panel, under Redshift Dashboard, click Clusters.
4. Choose the Redshift cluster that you want to examine then click on its identifier link listed in the Cluster column (see Audit section part I to identify the right resource).
5. On the cluster settings page, select the Configuration tab to access the configuration panel.
6. Click the Cluster dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Delete.
7. On the Delete Cluster confirmation page, select Yes next to Create snapshot and enter a unique name for your cluster snapshot (backup) in the Snapshot name box.
8. Click the Delete button to terminate the Redshift cluster.