Identify Amazon Redshift data warehouse clusters with high disk usage and scale them horizontally to prevent any issues triggered by insufficient disk space and improve their I/O performance. The default threshold value set for Redshift high disk usage is 90% as any value above this could negatively affect cluster stability and performance.
1. Sign in to AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to Redshift dashboard.
3. In the left navigation panel, under Redshift Dashboard, click Clusters.
4. Choose the Redshift cluster that you want to resize then click on its identifier/name link, listed in the Cluster column.
5. On the selected cluster configuration page, click the Cluster dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Resize.
6. Within Resize Cluster configuration window, perform the following:<ol style=list-style-type: lower-alpha