Changing the default master user name for AWS Redshift database cluster adds an additional layer of security against the non-targeted attacks and improves the overall security.
1. Sign in to AWS Management Console.
2. Navigate to Redshift dashboard.
3. In the left navigation panel, under Redshift Dashboard, click Clusters.
4. Select the Redshift cluster that you want to reconfigure then click on its identifier link, listed in the Clustercolumn.
5. Click the Backup dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Take Snapshot.
6. On the Create Snapshot dialog box, enter a unique name for your database cluster snapshot in the Snapshot Identifier box then click Create to build the snapshot. The process could take several minutes. Once the snapshot is created it will appear on your Redshift Snapshots page.
7. In the navigation panel, under Redshift Dashboard, click Snapshots.
8. Select the Amazon Redshift cluster snapshot created at step no. 6.
9. Click the Actions dropdown button from the dashboard top menu and select Restore From Snapshot.
10. Within Restore Cluster From Snapshot dialog box, perform the following actions:<ol style=list-style-type: lower-alpha