CloudFormation stacks uses Simple Notification Service (AWS SNS) in order to receive notifications when an event occurs. Monitoring stack events such as create which triggers the provisioning process based on a defined CloudFormation template, update which updates the stack configuration or delete which terminates the stack by removing its collection of AWS resources, will enable you to respond fast to any unauthorized action that could alter your AWS environment.
1. Sign in to the AWS Management Console.
2. Go to CloudFormation dashboard.
3. Using the Filter dropdown menu select a CloudFormation stack.
4. Click on the Action dropdown menu from the dashboard and select Update Stack.
5. Click the Next button till the Options page is reached.
6. In the Advanced section, under Notification options, perform one of the following actions:<ol style=list-style-type: lower-alpha