Password policies are, in part, used to enforce password complexity requirements. IAM password policies can be used to ensure password are comprised of different character sets. It is recommended that the password policy require at least one lowercase letter.
Perform the following to set the password policy as prescribed:
Via the AWS Console
1. Login to AWS Console (with appropriate permissions to View Identity Access Management Account Settings)
2. Go to IAM Service on the AWS Console
3. Click on Account Settings on the Left Pane
4. Check Requires at least one lowercase letter”
5. Click “Apply password policy”
Via CLI :
aws iam update-account-password-policy –require-lowercase-characters
Note: All commands starting with “aws iam update-account-password-policy” can be
combined into a single command.